Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Godforsaken



Godforsaken
This is a dark movie, well acted, and almost hard to figure out on first watching, unless you pay close attention to the story line. However, it is worth a second look. It's the story of a fallen angel, who seeks redemption after the death of a child he was assigned to protect. There are a number of twists and it has a surprise ending. Thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Since the actors did a fine job, I'll over-look a few things that'll be distasteful to the "angel loving" crowd.
I live in Germany. This movie was filmed in England and France. Hence the paraphrased school rhyme:

"I've seen London,
I've seen France,
I saw an angel with NO underpants!"

The back of the DVD case says "WARNING! THIS FILM CONTAINS SCENES OF BRIEF not SO brief NUDITY,
ADULT "AC/DC-action" SITUATIONS, LANGUAGE f'-BOMBS, AND VIOLENCE adult & baby killings."

I have to admit, while this WAS NOT the faith-based film I was expecting, it was --- at least --- thought-provoking.
If you decide to watch this film I have to tell you --- without any spoilers --- the following:

===> There ARE different KINDS of angels. There are TWO in this film.
===> There is a scene of a male angel kissing a Catholic priest.
===> A [human] woman has graphic (not brief) sex with a down-on-his-luck(and back) angel.
===> There are SEVERAL graphic murders in this film.
===> You MIGHT have to watch it TWICE to fully understand...

Not What I Expected
For some reason I thought this was a faith-based movie. It's not. And on top of that, it was pretty awful. Not your fault however. You don't make movies. You just ensure we can choose from a humungous variety and for that I am grateful. Note to all: (1) Do not be fooled by the title (even the info provided tends to throw you off); (2) this movies contains both is sexual content and violence; and (3) the acting is terrible. I cannot believe I even allowed one star.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment