Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Daniel's Babysitter / Daniel Goes to School



Psychologist Approved
(I've purchased thousands of items on amazon and this is the first thing I've ever taken the time to rate)

I'm a school psychologist who has worked for the last 7 years teaching small social groups and helping teach others in the profession as well. This show is right on par for younger children and teaches pro-social behaviors in such a way that they don't even know they are learning. I've also been impressed as a parent of a 2.5 year old who is USING the pro-social behaviors in her world. She's generalized the social curriculum from Daniel Tiger. For example, my picky eater never used to try new foods... one day, I asked her to try and new food and she chimed in, "you gotta try new foods cause they might taste good"! Then, she ate her first avocado and has started trying a variety of new foods.

In addition to the social skills, she's learned a variety of items that are on standardized IQ tests which has also been impressive to me. Those skills are also...

great show, good pace
My 19 month old daughter and I really enjoy this show. The characters are great and I like how they interact with the viewer. It's paced just right for toddlers and younger kids as opposed to other cartoons with fast action and music. My daughter also loves the intro song and it's a great ode to Mister Rogers Neighborhood which makes it perfect. All the episodes seem to deal with feelings and each episode will have a short little song that deals with the theme of that episode. (Like a short rhyme about dealing with disappointments etc.)

Great for Kids and Parents!
My kids ( 2 & 4) really enjoy this show. They will actually sit long enough to watch an episode which allows me time to get dinner ready or do a task around the house. The show teaches different lessons in each episode such as sharing, waiting, being big enough to help and when not to, being mad, potty and many others. Fact is I don't care how many times I put this show on its not nearly as annoying as Max and Ruby, Barney or some of the other ones out there. The songs are short and to the point and my kids are now applying them! My ALL time favorite since my 4 year old starts school next year is the "Get Ready Song" - she actually switched out the words from " off to school" to " off to Mrs. Lisa's" (her daycare). If you didn't know that this was a "cartoon" version of Mr. Rogers it might throw you. Highly recommend checking this out! Fun, educational, ok for Parents and allows the kids the opportunity to have quiet sit down time and us a few minutes...

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment