Thursday, October 3, 2013

Katt Williams: Kattpacalypse



Katt's Celebratory Return Grows Progressively More Maudlin As The Evening Wears On
After a significant break, Katt Williams returned to the stage in this gala event on New Year's Eve 2011 at the packed Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. "Kattpacalypse" is the one hour special that captures this set. It begins with Williams' triumphant entrance that sends the 7000 plus members of the audience into a frenzy and it ends with the ringing in of 2012. Williams starts out like a powerhouse, full of energy and swagger. But as the hour progresses, he seems to get increasingly introspective, angry, and intimate. Williams has certainly seen his share of hard times, and I'd love to hear his story, his views and his perspective on what he's been through. But perhaps this big celebration was not the place. I think that he wanted to be personal and thankful, but the apparent bitterness and the lack of humor at the end of this set made me a little uncomfortable. This may not be your reaction, but I found "Kattpacalypse" to be unexpectedly awkward.

I won't say that most of the...

Call him Preacher Man!
I am mad that I didn't hear about this being on HBO when it initially came out. worth renting/buying he spoke truth in this one.

Wasn't Very Funny
This performance just wasn't up to the standard that Williams has done in the past. I was disappointed because I think he is a great comedian.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment