Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Icebreakers - In Concert: Ohne Filter



Good to see Albert again!
I saw Albert Collins perform live numerous times. If he was in town I was there. The first time I saw him he was an unknown (to me) that was opening for a well known act. In fact, at the door of the club, the headliners had a big poster on display with a simple 3x5 notecard underneath with "Albert Collins and the Icebreakers" scribbled in marker. He and the band took the stage and me and my friends were asking each other "who is this guy?" After a couple of knockout songs we were asking each other "WHO IS THIS GUY???" The headliners seriously had their work cut out for them. After that night I was a lifetime fan.

With the high energy backing of the Icebreakers he always brought his best to the stage. He wasted no time and would quickly whip the audience into a frenzy. Every time I saw him play he would wind up marching out the front door of the club, guitar still wailing, and would literally stop traffic in the street! You could recognize...

Cool tunes from the Ice Man
Found this little gem in Amazon's Prime Videos, and I'm glad I did. Albert Collins is one of the great blues masters that the way for SRV and the next generation of blues guitarists. It's a fine set, just wish it was a little longer.

A Must-Have For The Blues Aficionado
It was a good night for Albert Collins and his band. An unorthodox guitarist whose stylistic guitarisms are different than most current blues players, he has a wonderfully blues vibe all his own. Heaven has quite a bluesman now, but fortunately we recorded him on video before he left town. A must-have performance. Would be a five star were I not overly stingy with them.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment