Monday, September 30, 2013

The Last Truck Stop [HD]



Lets you know there are more missing than you think
This series is about missing people. It is not about solved missing persons cases. It is typically about people who are still missing. There are so many missing people--people who just vanish and are never seen again--missing without explanation or reason at all. I'm glad this series calls attention to their cases. Having searched for two missing persons myself (Elizabeth Smart and Lori Soares), I understand the frustration of the search. Fortunately there was resolution in both cases I searched for, but there are so many other cases which are not ever solved. Shows like this keep them in the limelight.

Interesting
I love this show. I sat and watched all the available episodes, great for anyone who likes true investigative stories.

Nothing new
There is nothing new in this documentary about the life (and murder) of Atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair and her family. There is yet much to be written about about this famed civil rights leader. Unfortunately, most of what is written about her is usually one-sided and partial. I place her in the same league as some cultural icons who for one reason or another, had a terrible time with the media and the message that came across was often garbled, maddening and anything but rational. If the word Atheist is part of our lexicon (including the current term, New Atheist), I think that she had a lot to do with popularizing it.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment