Saturday, September 28, 2013

Loves Me, Loves Me Not [HD]



One important feature is missing...
I recently purchased Make it or Break it Volume 2 and automatically assume it should provide closed caption or subtiles but to my surprise, this volume 2 dvd doesnt but the first volume does. So why stop there? And plus I know that on tv, it provided closed captions. I am deaf myself and this bit of information would have been helpful.

Why no English subtitles???
This is a fantastic series, I was anxiously awating part 2 of season 1. But WHAT HAPPENED??? There are NO English subtitles for the hearing impaired. I'm not totally deaf, but most of the characters in this series talk very fast, and their enunciation is not that great. Part 1 included subs in French, Spanish, and English for hearing impaired. In part 2 they dropped this essential feature. WHY??? A subtitle track is a simple text file with timing script. Less than 1 MB of space. The show had closed captions available on the broadcast TV but NOT on the DVD collectors edition??? I am so sick of this!!! I will be re-selling this set, and waiting for a re-issue with proper features.

Please write to ABC Family Channel, Paul Lee, President, 3800 West Alameda Ave., Burbank, CA 91505 and let them know your concerns, Thank you!

(La Femme Nikita did the same thing. Seasons 1-4 all have English subs. But not on Season 5. Show a little concern for the hearing impaired.)

disgusted
I am truly disgusted that I spent hours watching season 1 and getting involved in the story and characters only to discover Volume 2 and 3 are NOT captioned. Why would you caption the older episodes and not the newer ones? I did enjoy volume 1, however will not even bother with the next two volumes since it is too much of a struggle to understand it and enjoy. Also, those of you who want to watch this with your children....be careful because there are a lot of adult topics. (losing virginity, eating disorders, adultery) Be prepared to do some explaining if your kids are not teenagers yet...which a lot of kids interested in gymnastics are 10 and under.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment